Okay so living in AZ requires a certain awareness for the poisonous insects and bugs. The main concern I have, especially with little children is scorpions. I have several nightmares about scorpions. 1) I am afraid that Anthony will step one walking in barefoot in the house, 2) one will fall from the ceiling, land on my head and sting me in the skull, 3) that my children will get stung in their sleep and I won't know it and 4) that I will get stung while I am naked in the shower or on the toilet.
Unfortunately #4 almost came true. Luckily I wasn't naked. I was cleaning my bathrooms and for some reason I cleaned them in reverse order so I cleaned my bathroom last. I went to clean the tub and gently moved the shower curtain and heard clink in the tub. I thought in my mind "no way". Then looked down in time to see a little scorpion crawl around the drain then crawl down the drain and disappear. I almost went into shock. I didn't know what else to do, so I turned the water on full steam to try and flush the scorpion down the drain. I called Pat (because he was at work) and he said to get some raid and spray it down the drain. I ran down stairs and when I returned to my bathroom, I returned just in time to see the scorpion crawl back out of the drain into the tub. I have to say it is the most freakish thing to see a bug crawl out of your tub drain, especially when the bug is a scorpion. I dowsed the scorpion in Raid. And to my surprise Raid killed it. It wasn't instant like on Roaches or Crickets, but Raid killed it. Of course, being a diligent photo taker I had to snap a picture.

No comments:
Post a Comment