This is the view from the bottom of the hill. You can almost see the cave opening where the dwelling is. Can you imagine trying to fight against a group of people surrounded by hundreds of cactus! Nature provided them with an intimidating defence. With out the paved trail, I wouldn't dare climb up that mountain.
Talk about Defense
On the hike back from the dwelling, I spotted this funny cactus. It looks like a face. The small stubby arm is his ear and the bigger oval shaped arm that is to the side is his nose. There is actually another small stubby arm on the opposite almost perfectly aligned with the ear you see. But because of the way the trail went, I wasn't able to get a picture from the front of it.

This is the view from the bottom of the hill. You can almost see the cave opening where the dwelling is. Can you imagine trying to fight against a group of people surrounded by hundreds of cactus! Nature provided them with an intimidating defence. With out the paved trail, I wouldn't dare climb up that mountain.

This is the view from the bottom of the hill. You can almost see the cave opening where the dwelling is. Can you imagine trying to fight against a group of people surrounded by hundreds of cactus! Nature provided them with an intimidating defence. With out the paved trail, I wouldn't dare climb up that mountain.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment