Dwelling in Tonto Forest

Okay, so my pictures are a little out of order. After we left Globe and before we reached the dam, we drove by this National Park Service sign that said something like Dwelling at Tonto National Forest. We had never heard of it and Val and Betsy both had golden eagle passes so we decided to check it out. It was totally awesome! I never thought such a place would be in the middle of no where. It is about a mile hike to the dwelling and back but the trail is paved and has benches along the way to rest if you get tired. These are some pics of our hike up.

This is a tomatillo bush. I love to make tomatillo salsa and now I know where pick them fresh!

Nearly to the top, this is the view below. I spy Val posing as a cactus! He is not as far behind as it seems.

We made it! It was a small dwelling but just as interesting as others. Most of the walls and rooms are still in tact. They actually let you wander around most it.

The Farnsworth's and Anthony. After the long walk up on Dad's shoulders, Anthony just wants to run.

This room still has part of the original roof attached. I tried to get Pat and Anthony to pose, it didn't work. Pat looks great but I don't know what Anthony is doing. Looks like the chicken dance to me.

No comments: