Farnsworth's Visit - Scenic Drive through Globe

One of their last days in Phoenix, the Farnsworth's wanted to take the scenic loop from where the 60 ends, then goes through Globe and loops back. Although we had to take separate cars, Pat and I were glad to caravan because this is something we have been wanting to do but just haven't.

The Farnsworths got a head start so we met at the Wal-Mart in Globe. Across the street from the Wal-Mart parking lot were these cows on a really, really, steep hill. Steep enough that I wouldn't want to climb up it. How in the world do they get the cows up there? None the less get them down? I was waiting for one to go rolling down the hill!

We saw several motorcyclists on our drive. It made Pat itch to ride again. Riding through here would be amazing! I think that is Saguaro Lake in the background.

This is the Franklin D. Roosevelt Dam. I had no idea there was such a place! To take the picture I did the typical trouist move and hung half my body out of the window while the car was moving to make sure I got best angle.

This is just a cool bridge. We thought it looked pretty with the mountains and lake behind it.


No comments: