To Anthony's surprise, he woke up Wednesday, March 26 to three kids, his cousins Katie Carter & Landon playing with his toys. Anthony was not sure what to make of the situation. He is used to waking up to the dogs licking his face and eating breakfast in peace. At first Anthony just sat at the bottom of the stairs staring at his cousins like a deer in headlights. After drinking his milk, Anthony must have decided it was safe and started to play. Shaye and Mary Perry (Pat's Aunt - though they are the same age) stayed until Saturday. Needless to say, Anthony didn't sleep all week, but slept for two days after they left. It was lots of fun to have the Perry's in our house. Anthony was sure entertained! We will miss them, but will hopefully visit them soon (they live in NM so they aren't that far away).
This is Landon. He will be 3 this August. Landon wanted to go play, but Mary told him he had to finish his watermelon first. This was Landon's response to his mother's request.
We decided to go on a little 'hike' around South Mountain. We didn't go on a very serious hike because I am 8 months pregnant and Mary is 7 months pregnant. Surfing the net Pat found this cool 3-4 mile hike, it is one Pat and I haven't done before so we decided to check it out. When we got to South Mountain we started down the wrong path and ended up walking this completely level trail that went to several lookouts. It wasn't a real hike for Pat and Shaye. But it was a good walk for two pregnant women and 4 little children. Here are some pics:
Pat, Anthony, Shaye, Katie, Mary, Landon, Carter & I am taking the picture.

Anthony became quite the little mountain climber. He climbed this rock all by himself! Of course Dad was spotting to prevent serious injury; Mom was too busy snapping photos. As Pat pointed out it looks as though Anthony's wearing real rock climbing shoes. As much as I would like to say that I fulfill my 2 year olds shoe fetish, I don't. Those are his tennis shoes. But if you can't tell, I won't either :P
Triumph! Although Anthony now looks a little timid realizing how high he is :) FYI: Carter is not doing the potty dance. I am not sure what he was doing but I took several pictures and he is doing same thing in all of them.
This is adorable! It didn't last long, but I got the picture in time. Shaye, Katie and Carter all staring into Phoenix. They were watching the planes take off and land at Sky Harbor Airport. Katie really enjoyed watching the planes. It took Carter a little longer to spot them; if you'll notice he is concentrating a little harder :)
Not wanting to follow the crowd climbing the rock, Landon stood all in his lonesome.
After conquering a small rock, Anthony moved on to bigger and tougher rocks. This one he really did climb by himself. This time when he reached the top he kept walking. It is a good thing Dad has a far reach, Anthony almost walked off the rock. Don't worry though, Shaye was also spotting on the other side to make sure Anthony didn't fall. Anthony is going to quite an adventurous kid!

This picture was just too cute to leave out. If you zoom in the picture Anthony is making a funny face. Of course, Dad is cute too!
1 comment:
Wow, Anthony is quite the hiker. South Mountain has a lot of good trails...glad you guys had fun! You better be careful hiking like that, you may just put yourself into labor! :0)
P.S. That's a good U/S pic of the baby! Is it new? It's very clear.
Post a Comment