Granola Bars

Daddy is now home studying all day for the Bar exam in July. Anthony kept opening the office door and bugging Dad. Dad has been asking me to make granola bars. So to keep Anthony out of the office, Anthony and I made granola bars. Anthony loves to help around the house in anyway he can, so he was thrilled to help me with the granola bars. I measured out the ingredients and Anthony dumped it into the bowl. 98% of the time he dumped all of it the bowl... the other 2%...well the counter speaks for itself. Once all the dry ingredients were in the bowl it was time for stirring...

If blow up the picture, you can see that Anthony had to taste the dry ingredients before he stirred it :)

I added the wet ingredients and stirred it together. Then Anthony helped me spread it in the pan. I like to use wax paper because the bars are sticky...Anthony preferred to conventional, messy method
Anthony referred to this as "squishing" the bars
Here is Adrian. He was what you call your typical supervisor...asleep on the job:) But he must have been pleased with our work because he is half way smiling.
Mmmmm...Yummy granola bars!

No comments: