Okay...so it has literally been like 3 months since I have blogged. But I have my line of excuses ready. Pat has begun his LLM program, so he is in school full-time; I was taking 4 classes (2 were only 8 weeks so they were fast paced) and nearly lost my mind. But the suspense has subsided a little, as now I am only in 3 classes instead of 4. I just started my 5th class today so I decided I better update the family blog before it is Christmas and I have 6 months worth. So although I won't be updating every week, I have set the blog to post automatically every few days or so. So keep checking back because a lot has happened since the last post!
August 13-17 2008My grandparents celebrated their 50th Wedding Anniversary on August 15. So the entire family got together in Orlando FL to celebrate with them. We flew into FL on 8/13 and met Daniel for the first time. This was also the first time that my Aunt Daysi met Anthony and Adrian. Daysi loves her great nephews and they love her!
Here is Daysi with Daniel and Adrian. You can't see Adrian's smile, but Daniel and Adrian are happy to finally meet!

Am I looking in a mirror?

These are my cousins (Daysi's two children) Gaby and Isaac. Anthony loved playing with his cousins!

Adrian meeting Pappie for the first time...he was all smiles :)

Anthony: WHOA! Now that is what I call a bubble bath!

Bradley (Meagan's Brother): HELP!

Anthony: Are those real bubbles?
Grammie: Would you like to hold some bubbles?

Grammie makes the berry best smoothies!

Daniel and Adrian are tired of the flashing cameras

Adrian is all smiles for his Uncle Dennis!

Our second night in Orlando (our hotel was across the street from Disney World) we went to Downtown Disney. It was mainly lots of shopping, but we did have fun with Lego's and had some free chocolate!
This robot is made completely of tiny Lego's!

This is my brother Nathaniel (Nate) helping Anthony build Lego's

My sister, Katrina and her husband Ryan

Daddy's being a good helper :) From the big smile it seems both Dad and Anthony are having fun!

Bradley posing "cool" for the camera

Beautiful Daysi with her 2 beautiful children Gaby and Isaac (who is trying to lean out of the picture)

Adrian was not too excited about Lego's

Neither was Daniel...I just love his little toes!

Finally parted from the Lego's, Dad and Anthony went to check out the dragon in the water

Dinosaur! Anthony recognized this right away. This dinosaur is also made of Lego's

Our family

Stitch is randomly spitting water out into the crowd

Bradley is seeking cover behind Isaac

This part of Downtown Disney was called Pleasure Island...but for these folks the island isn't too pleasurable

To the right is Gaby, Isaac and Bradley spinning the cup on the merry-go-round.

Grammie helping Anthony hold on to the horse. Although Anthony isn't smiling, he had so much fun Grammie had to pry him off the horse when the ride was over

The day of the celebration has arrived. Of course, when we got there Adrian was hungry. Thanks Mom for taking pictures of family for me!
Aunt Daysi

Dennis' Mom

Uncle Jay with Gaby and Isaac

Aunt Patsy and my Mom's cousin

My cousins Zak and Nik, Keegan (Lisa's son), my Uncle Joe and his girlfriend Lisa
(I haven't seen my Uncle Joe in about 10 years. It was great to see him and my cousins again. Though they live in Georgie, they travel to NM fairly often. Hopefully we can meet up sometime in NM!)

Bradley and Anthony bonding. No matter how hard we tried we couldn't get Anthony to say 'Bradley'; but he did learn to say 'Nathaniel'!

My sisters! Katrina and Nichole (who is holding Daniel)

The Man of the event...Grand-daddy. I love his gold cumber bun and bow tie

This is almost a four generation photo...only I was taking the picture! Grammie, Adrian, and Great Grandmommy

When lunch started Adrian started to get fussy. Grammie does a good Adrian pouty face.

Uncle Dennis and Daniel; and Ryan smiling in the background

Like Father like son...put some glasses on Anthony and I think we have twins!

After all that fussing Pappie has the magic touch

My Uncle Moe. He got to fly to FL and really enjoyed his flight! Moe loves his family and I love him so much! Moe loves to dance, hold hands, laugh and smile! I hadn't seen Moe for almost 10 years...it was great to see him and know he is doing so well.

50 years later and they still get lost in eachothers' eyes

and are still so in love

After the celebration we were all tuckered out...including Daniel.

Daniel was very observant and interested in everything that was going on

Grammie and her 3 grandchildren!

We kept taking pictures of Daniel and Adrian becuase they look so alike! You can tell they are related

Bradley and Daniel

Whoo...finally got a picture of Nathaniel and Adrian!

Ryan playing with Daniel and Elmo

My parents and Katrina left Saturday morning so Nichole, Pat and I had the entire condo to ourselves. We decided to play a round of mini golf. Anthony had so much fun. Here is Anthony trying to putt Nichole's ball

We told Anthony to pick up the ball and put it in the hole. So he picked up all the balls and threw them under the log :)

Eventually, Anthony found the right spot. Hole in one!

Nichole is trying to convince Anthony to putt the ball

This is hilarious! While we were mini golfing, there was Karyoke going on. When we told Anthony go put his ball in the hole, he got wind of the music and started dancing...too cute!
Anthony finally lost one of the balls so we called it a night. But on the way back we passed a little park and Nichole couldn't resist Anthony pleas. So Nichole and Anthony swung and played in the little park for a while.


Adrian cried the entire game of mini golf and finally fell asleep while Anthony was swinging. I love the Erkle look Adrian is sporting :)

The next morning we checked out of condo and bid farewell to Nichole and went to SeaWorld with my Grandparents and Uncles. Before we left, Grand-daddy took Anthony for a ride in his golf cart. Anthony enjoyed the ride so much that when it was over he took control of wheel!

Then he found Great Grand-daddy's cool hat

The first stop at SeaWorld were the Sea Turtles. Anthony loves Sea Turtles...every time we have gone to the Phoenix zoo since Anthony has asked to see the Sea Turtles

Nigel

Crush

Grand-daddy helping Grandmommy push the double wide

Dad and Anthony looking at the Dolphins

Anthony checking out water

Great Grandparents and 2 of thier great grandchildren. Even after 50 years of marriage they still make a great team!

No visit to SeaWorld is complete without Shamu

Anthony wasn't sure what to think of the whales at first



He eventually got more into it

Adrian couldn't see a thing but his burp cloth. He doesn't understand what all the fuss is about :)


2 cute!

SPLASH!

That splash made Anthony a little nervous



But then Anthony couldn't get close enough


When we left Shamu we walked by the misters. Dad and Anthony got pretty wet

Great Grand-daddy and Great Grandmommy with Adrain

Anthony fell asleep on Pat's shoulders

We were waiting inline for the Arctic Adventure and Adrian got a little restless

blowing raspberries

Beluga Whale

Lounging Polar Bear

After the Arctic Adventure, we went to the Sea Lion and Otter Show. It was awesome and was full of humor.
Here is the Otter stealing the pirates map

Marooned Sailor and his mate check out the pirate ship

Jackpot! The mate found the otter

In the end they brought out the walrus

Anthony was so excited about the great white jaw that he hit Dad in the head with his cup

Anthony loves sharks and kept yelling 'shark..look at the shark...theres another one' as we walked through tunnel of sharks

We had to hurry to catch our flight home, but we couldn't skip the Manatees! Anthony wasn't sure what they were at first, but he quickly learned the word Manatee.

Pat and I both love Manatees. It was awesome to see them so close. Though we couldn't stay long, we were happy we got to see them.

The Manatees did a good job of posing for pictures :)

No comments:
Post a Comment